EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2021 Ontario winners meet new requirements for customization, security and sustainability
TORONTO, July 19, 2021 / CNW / – Global leaders, national and local agents of change: Seven companies won the first regional title of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2021 Ontario program.
“These entrepreneurs are leading companies that continually evolve with agility and innovation to meet the changing needs of their customers while meeting new demands for efficiency, safety and sustainability,” said Stephanie Lamont, co-director of EY’s Ontario Entrepreneur of the Year program. “We’re excited to see how they’ll build on this momentum – there’s no limit to what they can accomplish.”
Ontario regional winners will go ahead to compete with their peers from the Pacific, Prairies, Quebec and Atlantic regions at the national awards ceremony at November 2021, where 10 national winners will be nominated, including from Canada Winner of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year award 2021. The top Canadian winner will compete with national winners from around the world for the title of EY Global Entrepreneur of the Year in June 2022. the Seven Ontario winners vying for the title are:
- Geoffrey T. Martin of CCL Industries Inc. (TSX: CCL.B), a global pioneer in specialty packaging, providing innovative solutions across a variety of industries including home and personal care, food and beverage, healthcare, automotive, consumer and more.
- Josh domingues of Instant food, an app that allows shoppers to browse food products that are approaching their expiration date, purchase them at a discount and pick them up in store, taking action to eliminate food waste while helping people feed their families at a low price. lower cost.
- Ariel Machiyev of iLobby Corp., a corporate visitor management system that allows organizations to have better control over their facilities, employees and visitors while meeting all of the ever-changing requirements for privacy, compliance, security and of security.
- Michel Serbinis of League, a company whose mission is to create deeply personalized consumer experiences that drive engagement and make it easier to access, navigate and pay for healthcare.
- Bert mucciof Mucci Farms, a vertically integrated seed to retail company with a focus on efficiency by investing in advanced automation and robotics to provide consumers with the highest level of food safety and maximum shelf life for all products.
- Kim davidsonof SideFX, an Oscar-winning company that provides artists with procedural 3D animation and visual effects tools designed to create the highest quality cinematic results.
- Laurent Krimker of Simply group, one of the fastest growing and most trusted companies in the home energy sector and the largest non-bank consumer credit providers.
“From an app that minimizes food waste, to a safety-enhancing business management system and a home energy business helping Canadians reduce their energy use, this year’s winners represent the breadth and depth of the game. the depth of Ontario innovation ”, says Craig roskos, co-director of EY’s Ontario Entrepreneur of the Year program. “These entrepreneurs are trailblazers, finding answers to our toughest challenges and blazing new trails.”
In addition to the seven regional winners, the Ontario The region also recognizes two special mentions.
Community builder: Sipology by Steeped Tea
More than just a prestigious brand of tea, Tonia Jahshan created Sipology out of passion to demonstrate that tea can help change the lives of others. Through its consultant program, the company creates employment and income opportunities for others, empowering a talented and diverse community of “sipologists” by providing them with the resources and training necessary to ensure their success. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic, Tonia has maintained a business where health and wellness go hand in hand with happiness and success.
Societal impact: Maple society
Dr. Brett Belchetz founded Maple to provide fast, reliable and accessible health care to all Canadians. With doctors and other health specialists located across Canada, Maple is able to provide services to users easily and without physical limitations, including those in remote areas and Indigenous communities that are traditionally underserved. Maple’s vast reach enables tailored care for individuals and communities who would otherwise not have access to health services.
About EY Entrepreneur of the Year®
EY Entrepreneur of the Year® is the world’s most prestigious business rewards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with ideas and experiences that promote growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global rewards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in over 145 cities in over 60 countries. The winners compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year title. ey.com/eoy
The Ontario 2021 Independent Jury is comprised of Alan Quarry, President of Quarry Integrated Communications; Anne Sado, President of George Brown College; Bob magee, President of Woodbridge; Kim mason, Senior Vice-President and Head, Private Banking Services, RBC Royal Bank Wealth Management Canada; Marc Gordon, senior partner of ONCAP Management Partners LP; and Teresa lee, Managing Director of OMERS Growth Equity.
EY exists to build a better world of work, helping to create long-term value for customers, individuals and society and to build confidence in the capital markets. Through data and technology, EY’s diverse teams in more than 150 countries ensure trust and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers to the complex issues facing our world today. .
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information on how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights of individuals under data protection law can be found at ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where local laws prohibit. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com. Follow us on twitter @EYCanada.
This press release was issued by Ernst & Young LLP.
SOURCE EY (Ernst & Young)