The Maine Educational Opportunity Center plans to host free one-on-one sessions, Essentials of College Planning, for adults 19 and older seeking a new career or returning to higher education.
Essentials of College Planning, virtual:
• Wednesday October 13, at noon;
• Friday October 15 at 9:00 am;
• Monday October 18 at 9:00 am;
• Tuesday October 19 at noon;
• Wednesday, October 20, at 9 am;
• Thursday October 21 at 11 am;
• Friday October 22 6 at 9 am
Financial assistance, virtual:
• Wednesday October 13 at 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.
• Friday October 15 at 10 a.m.
• Monday October 18 at 10 a.m.
• Tuesday October 19 at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Wednesday October 20 at 10 a.m., 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Thursday October 21 at noon.
• Friday October 22 at 10 a.m.
In-Person Sessions: Lewiston UMA, 51 Westminster St.
• Financial assistance, Tuesday, October 14, at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
• The essentials of collegial planning, Tuesday, October 14, at 10 am and at noon.
The center is fully funded by the US Department of Education. The program helps qualified adults make the transition to a new career and relevant degrees. Staff provide one-on-one assistance with career planning, cumulative credentials, FAFSA completion, rehabilitation of delinquent loans, and finding appropriate funding for their education.
The individualized session lasts about an hour. Registration is encouraged.
All services provided by MEOC are free. If these times do not match a schedule, contact the center to explore the options. All sessions are subject to change.
To register or for more information, call 800-281-3703 or visit meoc.maine.edu.