LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – A total of $1.8 million in US Rescue Plan (ARP) ESSER III funds has been awarded to 30 summer and extended year learning programs across the state through the Supplemental Grant of summer learning.
This grant was put forward by the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) of the Arkansas Department of Education, Arkansas State University and its sponsored initiative, the Out-of-School Network from Arkansas.
The second round of federal ESSER III relief funding was allocated to mitigate student learning loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic to support social-emotional development.
The Summer Awards will provide funding for high-quality summer learning activities, including literacy, STEM, academic support and skills building, social-emotional learning, health and well-being, enrichment and development of the workforce.
Grants range from $35,000 to $75,000 for the award period from May 15 to August 15. The after-school and summer program competition for the 2022-2023 term will end on July 15, 2022 and will be accessible on aosn.org.
Winners include school districts and community partnership programs such as public libraries, nonprofit organizations, vocational and technical programs, faith-based organizations, and institutions of higher education. They will use scholarships to address the academic impact of lost instructional time on student learning through evidence-based summer programs.
“We are thrilled to once again partner with the Arkansas Out of School Network to provide additional federal funding to schools and nonprofits to improve student learning this summer and after school this coming school year. “, said DESE Deputy Commissioner Dr. Ivy Pfeffer said. “The winners of this next round of funding are well-deserved, and we look forward to seeing their programs in action.”
The 30 scholarship recipients are:
• A different stroke of art, North Little Rock
• Apply up/down and distance keys, Little Rock
• Arkansas Delta Solutions, Monticello
• Arkansas Employment Center, Little Rock
• Arkansas River Educational Services Cooperative, Pine Bluff
• Arkansas School for the Deaf, Little Rock
• Arkansas River Valley Boys and Girls Club, Russellville
• El Dorado Boys and Girls Club
• McGehee Boys and Girls Club
• Carter’s Crew, North Little Rock
• City Youth Ministries, Jonesboro
• Cutter Morning Star School District, Hot Springs
• Fordyce School District
• Four States Urban Development/Literacy Council of Bowie and Miller Counties, Texarkana
• Girl Scout Diamonds, Little Rock
• Gravette School District
• Greenland School District
• Harrison Public Schools
• Hermitage Elementary School
• Life Skills for Youth, Little Rock
• Mammoth Spring School District
• Melbourne School District
• Moncrief Game Changer, Little Rock
• Mountain View School District
• Pleasant Grove/SACK Baptist Church, Bald Knob
• Second Baptist Church, Little Rock
• Sheridan Public School District
• Southside School District, Batesville
• TOPPS, Pine Bluff
• William F. Laman Library, North Little Rock
For more information about the ESSER III grant funding program, contact the Arkansas Out-of-School Network at (501) 660-1012 or visit https://www.aosn.org.